Improve your execution and add points to your game with one of the world's top bowling coaches. John Jowdy has coached more than 100 pros, including Mike Aulby, Parker Bohn, Lisa Wagner, and Robin Romeo. In Bowling eXecution, he covers every technique crucial to advanced execution.
By focusing on bowling execution in the modern age, this book will help you overcome the difficult lane conditions that are set up for major tournaments and capitalize on the power and unique qualities of today's reactive balls.
Using the top pros as examples, Jowdy demonstrates the pros and cons of various bowling styles. He presents the teaching methods he has used to help some of the best pro players improve their scores, and he shows you how to apply these methods to your own game. In Bowling eXecution you will learn how legendary bowlers address the same issues you face on the lanes.
Bowling eXecution covers every aspect of the game. Jowdy breaks the shot into its components and teaches how to identify and correct common technical flaws. He also provides instruction on how to
– choose the right ball and adjust effectively to changing lane conditions;
– improve execution, from stance to follow-through, to help you raise your scoring average; and
– master the mental game to help you break out of slumps, practice more effectively, and prepare for critical situations.
You will also find everything there is to know about hooking the ball, plus shot-making strategies to help solve problems on the lanes. You'll learn to troubleshoot problem areas, take care of weaknesses, and hone your bowling potential.
Bowling eXecution gives you the edge you need to execute shots better and consistently increase scores.
- Paperback: 210 pages
- Publisher: Human Kinetics (July 22, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0736042172
- ISBN-13: 978-0736042178
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.5 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds